Thursday, June 11, 2009

Something about yesterday

Yesterday was a loaded day. First, I met a 22-year-old kid at the bus stop who had quite literally just gotten out of prison. He proceeded to tell me some of his story and the situation he now finds himself in, which will probably be an entirely separate blog post once I think through what happened.

Then, in the evening, I was tutoring a kid from around the corner. We went to the park because the house was crowded. There were some shady folks in the park engaged in equally shady business behind the swings. Plain-clothes policemen showed up and frisked them, and lectured them. In the middle of the park, where kids were playing. Again, more on this later.

To top it off, I had a bit of a breakthrough with a man who lives in the neighborhood our church serves and is quite a part of. I'm headed over there shortly to try to connect with him some more. I'm sure you'll be hearing quite more about this fella, and I might even tell you his name or make one up once we connect some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment